Monday, May 10, 2010

Blue Monday: Muddy in Paris, '76

As a degenerate blues junkie and ardent, lifelong Deadhead, it should surprise no one that I hold a special affection for live music and an affinity for its bootlegs. Blue Monday will be a regular feature here at the Backwoods Listener's Guide, spotlighting concert bootlegs and essential live albums from blues' classic era.

In refreshing contrast to most of my posts, I'll limit my chatter for Blue Monday...and let the music speak for itself.

I can think of no better place to start than with the man himself...





Muddy Waters
Maison De Radio FM
Blues & Jazz Festival, Paris, France
November 7, 1976

FM Broadcast; mp3 @ 320


DJ intro
Soon Forgotten
Key to the Highway
They Call Me Muddy Waters
Same thing
My Baby
Honey Bee
Walking Blues
Rolling & Tumbling
Outro
DJ (2nd set intro)
Nothing But Soul*
How Blue Can You Get?*
Muddy intro>Five Long Years
I Live the Life I Love
Don’t Go No Further
St. Louis Blues
Outro
Got My Mojo Working
Got My Mojo Working (reprise)
Outro>DJ

*vocals by Luther Johnson




MUDDY WATERS, guitar & vocals
PINETOP PERKINS, piano
JERRY PORTNOY, harmonica
LUTHER 'Guitar Jr.' JOHNSON, guitar
BOB MARGOLIN, guitar
CALVIN JONES, bass
WILLIE ‘Big Eyes’ SMITH, drums


Peace, Mudcatz


Link

2 comments:

  1. Muddy Waters 1976 11-07 Maison De Radio FM, Blues & Jazz Festival, Paris, France

    Thanks a lot for this bootleg.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're very welcome, Ransom. I love this show. I got a bunch more Muddy coming up before the ammo can goes dry. Thanks for the comment.

    ReplyDelete