June 10, 1910-January 10, 1976

My thanks to the original uploader of this image. It's never failed to give a grin...
Peace, Mudcatz.
For When It's You, God's Country...and the Blues
...is devoted to the study and appreciation of blues recording. Biases being what they are, I'll be mostly focusing on its first 50-60 years...but I'm an erratic bastard, so just about anything goes. Guest essayists are encouraged to participate.
Please address your cares, concerns, and complaints to me at "mudcatz(at)hotmail(dot)com.
If I am able to locate a copy online--for sampling purposes only-- I will try provide a link, giving credit & thanks to its original uploader. Their hard work does much to keep the blues alive.
In these desperate financial times, many of the specialty labels (e.g. Document...) who've done everything to keep the classic blues recordings accessible to us, face an uncertain future. So don't be a parasite. If you like the recording, buy the damn CD!
No comments:
Post a Comment