Sunday, June 6, 2010

Hey Folks...


I just wanted to share a quick thought or two before I get sucked back into real-world responsibilities...

First off, THANK YOU! Quite a few of you folks are stopping in, which sort of surprised me as I've kept my URL sort of low-key so far. I've gotten some decent emails from a couple of you and I've enjoyed the exchanges.

I'll be doing a whole "What I'm Up To" post at a later date. For now let's just say that the blues are what I'm about. If I wasn't blogging about them, it'd only be hours before I started talking to the trees and rocks about the tunes. It has happened.

I'm not likely to start whining for comments. I appreciate them, don't get me wrong, but I've been hanging out in blogworld for a while now and I hold no delusions about them. Given the amount of traffic these sites get, and how few comments are ever left, I knew the score long before I ever decided to follow through. This site's a labor of love for me and I do like that quite a few of you are stopping in repeatedly. So say 'hi" if you wish. The fire's always lit.

Check this out, though: today a fellow music blogger down-loaded 9 of the files I've posted so far...and didn't leave a whisper of thank-you.

Anyone want to bet on how long it will be before they start appearing on his blog?


Peace, Mudcatz

6 comments:

  1. Unfortunately I think you'll find that most people won't bother to take the time to even say thanks. And remember that you have a whole bunch of folks who don't understand or speak much English.
    Keep the faith!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Silent Way. I totally agree--and I don't even find it necessarily discouraging because, as I said, I knew the score going in and I'm good with that. The part that got a burr under my saddle blanket is it's looking like another blogger spent yesterday DL'ing a bunch of stuff here to (I'm assuming) stock his own blog.
    I don't mind sharing a bit--it's here for folks to dig on and spread around--but that just struck me as rude, you know?

    It's all good. Sun's out and I'll be digging on the Luther Allison gig you re-posted last night. Thanks again for that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, kind sir! I hope I was not the person who downloaded 9 albums and didn't say thank you. Sometimes I forget that these sites are run by people, even though I run one myself. My Blues addiction might sometimes make me appear anti-social.

    You seem to know a great deal about this music; much more so than anyone my age. I'm assuming that you were on the scene in the '60s during the "rediscovery"/Blues revival period.

    Keep up the excellent work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Missed the wolf's birthday, but reminded by you am celebrating by listening to no-one else for the rest of the evening. I was priviliged to see him (I think in '64) twice in the same day in London at the afb fest. Mighty.

    thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Benn on your post for hours, Cannot thank you enough for sharing....Supurb

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much for your comments, guys! I actually almost deleted this post because it rather strikes me as "whiney." I wasn't actually fishing for comments with this one so much as I was a bit dismayed that another blogger would go on a such a spree, then be completely ungrateful about it. I think I've grown up a little bit since last June. It's all good. I blog about the blues because it is my obsession.

    Thanks for your comments!

    ReplyDelete