Monday, July 5, 2010

Blue Monday: Lockwood @ Chicago Blues Festival, '95

A couple years back, when I first came across this Robert Junior Lockwood set, I thought it was manna from Heaven, a late-career gem that has never gotten notice, much less the love it deserves. Lockwood had just turned 80 when he took the stage at Grant Park for this set and would still have another decade's worth of playing ahead of him. On stage at that year's Chicago Blues Festival, Lockwood more than proved he was still one of the best there ever was.


Robert Lockwood Jr.
1995 Chicago Blues Festival
Grant Park
Chicago IL
June 2, 1995


(@ 320/kps)

1. King Biscuit Time
2. I'm Just Your Fool
3. Lockwood's Boogie
4. Tell Me What's In Store
5. Hangin' On
6. Ramblin' On My Mind
7. Stop Breakin' Down
8. This Is The Blues
9. Everyday I Have The Blues
10. Mojo Hand

Link


Don't ask, just do.

Enjoy.

Peace, Mudcatz

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for all the great music! Now that I'm back in the U.S., I have tons of music to listen to and sort through. Your blog is a revelation! I don't know why you're not getting more comments. Have you tried using Google Analytics? It gives you information about how many people go to your blog, which countries they live in, etc. I used to get a lot of traffic, but it died down about 6 months ago.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're more than welcome, HardLuck. Truth is, I'm having a blast with this so far. As much as anything, staying on task with this blog is about me getting up close & personal with my collection. With as much music as I go through in any given week, I'm digging having to "stop and hover" with some of the recordings that might otherwise get dusty in the shuffle.

    It's cool that you're stopping in. In honesty, your blog (& a couple others) helped provide the inspiration for me to go ahead and go through with this.

    I do have a Stat Counter installed on the blog and I actually do keep track of who's been around. I'm averaging about 150 hits each day, with about 35-40 regulars. I actually got a visitor from Phnom Penh today. That was a first.

    As for comments--sure, I dig the feedback, but I knew going in that BY FAR most folks would be in and out without a whisper. They haven't let me down, ha! It's all good, 'cuz like I said, I'm having a good old time as it is.

    Thanks for the kind words, HardLuck. Hope all's well with you back in the States!

    ReplyDelete