
First up, we're finding Muddy playing a small venue to a raucous, appreciative crowd in the nation's capitol (dig the interaction between Muddy and the audience member requesting Jimmy Reed's What Is That She Got? for a great glimpse how intimate this room must have been). I'm pretty sure I've got the early show from this night as well, though it may take some digging. This is how they wrapped the evening. Oh, what a night...
Muddy Waters
The Cellar Door
Washington, DC
July 23, 1975
(Late Show)
(@ 320/kps)
01 - Get My Baby Back*
02 - Stuck On You*
03 - Let Me In*
04 - Band Intros
05 - Baby Please Don't Go
06 - I Want You To Love Me
07 - What Is That She Got?
08 - Goodbye Baby
09 - Satisfied
10 - Kansas City**
11 - Caledonia
12 - Outro
* Vocals by Luther Jonson
**Duet with Pinetop Perkins
Muddy Waters - Vocals, Guitar
Luther "Guitar Jr." Johnson - Guitar
Bob Margolin - Guitar
Jerry Portnoy - Harp
Pinetop Perkins - Piano
Willy 'Big Eyes' Smith - Drums
Calvin Jones - Bass
Link
Peace, Mudcatz

small point - think this 1975 not 1977. Muddy in Montreux on 1977 date
ReplyDeleteteekay
Hey TeeKay, Right you are. Thanks for the catch. I'd gotten it right in the post title & the uploaded file, but apparently had goofed it in the text body. (7/23/77 is actually the date of a Garcia Band show I'm fond of...Freudian slip?)
ReplyDeleteThanx again.